The program is 5 months in duration and includes 420 hours of lectures, divided into 18 modules.
Introduction to Project Finance
• Fundamentals of corporate finance
• Basic mathematical and modeling skills
• Spreadsheet skills for modeling
• Conferences on economic sectors
• Conferences on the principals and stakeholders
• Essentials of Project Management
• Tax, accounting and legal issues
• Hedging instruments (interest rate, currency)
• Leasing & structured finance
• Management skills
• Negotiating in a multicultural environment
• Communication skills
• Compliance, CSR and Ethics
Project case simulation
Application to industrial sectors
• Financing energy projects
• Financing innovation and venture capital
• Financing real estate projects
• Financing acquisitions and LBOs
Professional Assignment and Thesis: 5 months
Courses are scheduled Wednesday afternoon, all day Thursday and Friday, and on Saturday morning from the 2nd week of September until the last week of January. There will be a break between Christmas and New Year.
The split-week schedule format of the Advanced Master allows participants to work at an internship or professional activity or to take advantage of work opportunities during the academic semester.
Professional integration and thesis (30 credits)
Students spend a minimum of 5 months in a professional environment (industrial corporation, bank, consulting firm, etc.) to apply the concepts learned and produce a report demonstrating a precise link between concepts and context.
The reports (professional thesis) will be presented in front of an academic panel.
Students will write an applied research paper utilizing the theoretical background they have received and developing it with an issue relevant to the financial engineering world.