The rapid growth in the railway sector has prompted constructors and operators to turn to the grandes Ecoles to create a high-level educational programme aimed at engineers, project managers or executives likely to work in the railway or urban transport sector.
With a highly international content and recruitment base, the programme of this Advanced Masters is equally divided between academic classes and courses taught by top-level professionals. It delivers an Advanced Masters degree accredited by the Conférence des Grandes Ecoles.
Are you an engineer or manager in the rail sector? The Advanced Masters programme will give you an overview of rail and guided transport systems, incorporating the technical, economic, institutional and regulatory aspects from France and Europe.
The course covers the whole field of urban and interurban passenger transport, as well as freight transport.
- Is based on a close synergy between the professional world and a network of schools,
- Is compatible with a parallel professional activity (block release organization),
- Programme includes regular field and site visites as well as a study trip to England,
- Lecturers coming from both the academic and professional fields (operators, industrials, institutions),
- 10% of the course are taught in English,
- Scolarship are granted every year by the Advanced Master's Partners,
- Graduates access the Advanced Masters' (AEMF) & the Ecole des Ponts ParisTech's very active alumni
The Advanced Masters programme offers access to management positions in:
- the railway industry,
- the public works and infrastructure industries,
- railway and urban transport operators,
- local authorities,
- transport engineering and design companies.
Positions open to holders of the Advanced Masters include:
- Design engineer
- Systems engineer
- Infrastructure project manager
- Head of Operations
- Business engineer
- Offers Manager
- Upstream research engineer
- Consulting Engineer
- Operation Engineer
- Operational manager
Partner schools (hosting 7 modules)
The Advanced Masters' Alumni (AEMF)
The AEMF, is the Advanced Masters alumni which aims at gathering together graduates from the Advanced Masters in Rayilway Engineering and Urban Transport Systems.
Every year, the AMEF brings together the Advanced Masters' graduates, students and teachers as well as railway industry experts around its "Rendez-vous". These "Rencontres" are designed as symposium including one or two round-tables about one theme or question determined in advance.
A gala ball will take place in December 2016.
Marc-Georges Develter is the president of the AEMF.