At a time when new European directives are being adopted to encourage, or even impose, the use of BIM for public works contracts, it would seem that developing the use of digital modelling requires a profound transformation in the skills and methods of cooperation of players in the construction sector. École des Ponts ParisTech and the École spéciale des travaux publics, du bâtiment et de l’industrie (special school of public works, construction, and industry), have created an Advanced Master | Mastère Spécialisé® Master in partnership with Arts et Métiers ParisTech, École Nationale des Sciences Géographiques, Centre Scientifique et Technique du Bâtiment, and the architecture schools of Marseille, Toulouse, and Paris Val-de-Seine, and ECOTEC.
The purpose of the program:
- To train professionals to manage a project in a context of digital modelling and to use BIM for the integrated design of construction and operating projects on new, existing, or refurbished buildings, while taking into account – through the adoption of a “Constructibility” approach – the constraints and models of the different actors, in particular requirements relating to energy and environment.
- To help the different professionals to “work together” by means of an interoperable information system, which will enable them to fulfil all the technical, regulatory, and environmental requirements, while controlling costs.
- The “working together” approaches amongst players in the construction sector (engineers and architects)
- A systems approach to construction
- The close partnership with sector professionals
- The experience and diversity of participants who represent the different actors in the sector
A degree program, alternating with work and partly through distance learning, provided by a partnership of Grandes Écoles and Architecture Schools
The Advanced Master - Mastère Spécialisé® receives support from Médiaconstruct, the Fédération des syndicats des métiers de la prestation intellectuelle du Conseil, de l’Ingénierie et du Numérique CINOV (consultancy, engineering, and digital services federation), UNSFA (national federation of French architects), UNTEC (national federation of construction economists), SYNTEC Ingénierie, and EGF-BTP (federation of French public works contractors).
Who is the program aimed at?
- Design Engineers,
- Project Managers,
- Operations Managers,
- Construction Economists,
- Public and Private Sector Real Estate Owners,
- Real Estate Consultants,
- Industrial Product Managers,
- Business Operators,
- BIM managers,
- Coordination directors.
Whether they are consultants, educationalists, or software publishers, our technology partners are primarily solutions providers.
Most of the technology partners support the program by providing software and resources. Some of them are part of the Steering Committee of the MS.
The Advanced Master - Mastère Spécialisé®, jointly accredited by École des Ponts ParisTech and ESTP Paris, also receives support from:
ABVENT, ACTIV3D, ATTIC - PLUS, AUTODESK, CATENDA, CSTB, DATACUBIST, GRAITEC, IES, IZUBA, LABEO, NEMETSCHEK, PERRENOUD, SCIA, SOC INFORMATIQUE, TRIMBLE TEKLA
Our program was awarded the Training 2017 label by the Chapter of Architects. The payment conditions for this accredited training program are decided by the CPNEFP (national parity commission for employment and vocational training) for architecture firms, and implemented by Actalians (OPCA PL).
It may be possible for companies that choose an accredited training program for their employees to receive increased funding from the organization responsible for collecting vocational training funds in the sector, in this case Actalians (OPCA PL).