Programme / Topics covered
- Rail sector actors and institutions
- Transportation project design and systems engineering
- Operations, crisis management
- Transportation economics and demand analysis
- Civil engineering, Infrastructure and maintenance
- Signalling, command-control, safety
- Rolling stock
- Urban and regional transportation
- Freight and logistics
The course is a 15-month study/work program (Executive Sandwich Format).
- Core curriculum - 300 hoursminimum
- Mini-Dissertation: design of an international transport project
- Trip abroad and site visits
- Professional internship*/assignment (*minimum 16 weeks for non-working students without professional experience).
- Professional thesis and defence
- Optional advanced modules - 150 hours
September to July: on average 1 to 2 weeks of courses per month (average 1 to 2 weeks a month, alternating with work).
From July: full-time professional assignment until December.
Some examples of professional theses
- Project to integrate and validate the autonomous ground-based charging solution for the Nice tramline - Gweltas Guibe (Alstom)
- Metro modernisation RATP style: lessons from lines 3, 5 and 13 - Laure Girard (RATP)
- Optimization of TVM slowing sequences and introduction of LTV on HSR - Antoine Grassien (SNCF)
- Professional thesis.
- 75 ECTS* (30 for the professional thesis).
Most of the program takes place in Île-de-France at:
École des Ponts ParisTech
6 et 8 avenue Blaise-Pascal
77 455 Marne-la-Vallée
but also at ENSIAME in Valenciennes and at UTC in Compiègne.