Every year, École des Ponts ParisTech, along with Université Paris-Est Marne-la-Vallée, ESIEE Paris, ENSG-Géomatique, l’École d’architecture de la ville & des territoires, and Université Paris-Est, runs an open information day for high-school students.
Objectives and target population
- to provide high school students with information on all the strands of higher education
- to motivate them to consider future careers with potential
- to demystify high-quality education and combat self-censorship
- young people from lycées located in problem areas and small towns, which do not offer preparatory classes for France’s grandes écoles,
- high-school students socially unexposed to the existence of higher education opportunities and how to access them.