It is generally recognized that 80% of the data in our databases has a geographical component. “Geo Business Intelligence” offers tools that are used to incorporate geo-located data into Business Intelligence solutions. This fast-growing business field requires professionals with complex profiles, with skills in IT for decision support, data analysis, and geomatics.
École nationale des sciences géographiques (ENSG), École des Ponts ParisTech, and the Conservatoire national des arts et métiers (Cnam) have therefore decided to pool their skills to develop an Advanced Master - Mastère Spécialisé® program that enables professionals from different domains to acquire this core set of skills in Business Intelligence, Geomatics, and Data Analysis.
The aim of the MS DeSIgeo is to provide professionals with the expertise they need to commission, design, implement, and manage decision support systems that include the spatial dimension. The goal is to train professionals with threefold expertise in: decision support IT systems, data analysis, and geomatics.
The program provides participants:
- With the skills they need to design and manage Decision Support Systems that include geo-located data;
- With knowledge and a close understanding of the methods and tools of data analysis: Statistics, Datamining, and Learning;
- Skills in Geographical Information Systems, spatial analysis, and geomarketing, that will enable them to make full use of geo-located data.
Graduates will work in consultancy and service firms, big design offices, specialist network companies, the large distribution side of insurance companies, or in government departments and local or regional authorities.
They will be able to use their skills in fields such as information systems, decision support systems, spatial planning, geo-marketing, crisis management, field operations management, health, etc.
Main careers targeted in the field of information and decision support systems
- Decision support and geo-support consultancy;
- Project management;
- DS or DSGeo architecture;
- Decision support and geo-support analysis;
- Consultancy and assistance on decision support systems.
The specificity of the program is to provide skills in three complementary domains: decision support systems, data analysis, and geo-referenced data. Graduates will therefore be able to fill specialist positions in one of these three spheres, or to work on crosscutting projects.
The MS DeSIgeo is a 12-month part-time program, structured as follows:
- 4 weeks of training in October;
- 1 week of training per month, during 6 months.
The program also includes the writing of a professional dissertation based on a 4 to 6 month professional assignment carried out in parallel to the classroom study. For participants who work in the domain alongside the study program, their work experience can be form the dissertation subject.
The schedule for the training weeks will be available on the website as soon as possible.
The program also includes the writing of a professional dissertation based on a 4 to 6 month professional assignment carried out in parallel to the classroom study. For participants who work in the domain alongside the study program, their work experience can be accredited as the professional assignment.
The course is taught on two different sites:
- At Cité Descartes, in the ENSG premises (RER Line A Noisy-Champs)
- In Paris, in the premises of Cnam Paris (Metro station Arts-et-Métiers or Réaumur-Sébastopol)