Set up in 2011 in the context of France’s “Grenelle de l’Environnement” environmental policy, with a focus on energy and environmental performance, the Advanced Masters | Mastère Spécialisé® seeks to meet the needs of private and public sector firms by recognizing the importance of the transition from fossil and fissile energy towards renewable energy, and the major impact of the digital revolution. It reflects the current upheaval in construction, renovation, and management processes in real estate and buildings: technological, organizational, financial innovations, BIM (building information model), big data, the emergence of new actors from the digital community.
The Advanced Masters | Mastère Spécialisé® is accredited in France by the Conférence des Grandes Ecoles and internationally by the RICS (Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors), the world’s leading professional body in the field of real estate, construction, and urban planning. It is the first training program entirely dedicated to sustainable real estate and construction that RICS has accredited in Europe (more information on RICS accreditation).
This is one of the few programs in Europe that connects the culture of real estate, founded on law and finance, and the culture of construction, founded on architecture and the engineering sciences, from the perspective of sustainable development.
Starting from the big global strategic priorities, it conducts an analysis of the working framework of professionals (sustainable city, user behavior, building stock strategy, finance, project approach) as a basis for an exploration of the process of planning, designing, building, and operating new and refurbished buildings. Drawing on the experience of the best current practitioners, its ambition is to train real estate and construction actors to “work together”, by adopting BIM and the other tools of the digital revolution.
- The “Executive part-time” format (1 week of study per month for a year) which allows senior executives and experienced managers to continue working.
- The novel connection between the financial and legal culture of real estate and the technical culture of building.
- The equal emphasis placed on the design and construction of buildings, and on their management and operation (highlighting of actual rather than theoretical performance).
- The focus on the users of buildings, whether residential or tertiary, whose behavior largely determines consumption.
- Real estate is placed in its urban context, as an essential element – along with urban planning and transportation – of the sustainable city.
- The support given by the CENTRE SCIENTIFIQUE ET TECHNIQUE DU BATIMENT (CSTB – scientific and technical center for building) to the Scientific and Pedagogical Committee of the MS and in the coordination of several training weeks, in the technical, economic, and social science domains.
- The active partnership with 6 private companies which every year send or fund 1 to 4 working executives: an energy company: SUEZ, a real estate management and development company, LOGEMENT FRANÇAIS (subsidiary of the AXA Group), a global real estate player, CRÉDIT AGRICOLE IMMOBILIER, the La Poste Group’s real estate operator, POSTE IMMO, an energy services firm, DALKIA, and a big industrial company, SAINT-GOBAIN. The MINISTRY OF ECOLOGICAL AND SOLIDARITY TRANSITION and THE MINISTRY OF TERRITORIES COHESION send up to 6 executives a year. The Steering Committee for the Mastère Spécialisé® is chaired by the HR Director of Saint-Gobain’s Building Distribution Division.
- Access for holders of the MS to the École nationale des ponts et chaussées Alumni Association: PONTS ALLIANCE, a powerful professional network at both national and international level.
The Advanced Masters | Mastère Spécialisé® in IBD helps existing executives to accelerate their careers in the sphere of sustainable real estate and building, or to prepare for a move into this promising sector.
They hold management positions in companies and institutions that are stakeholders in the real estate and building sector: real estate investors, financial institutions, developers and promoters, architectural practices, engineering design offices, building contractors, producers and dealers in construction materials, real estate management firms, operators, users, public authorities, ministries.
The positions occupied by holders of the The Advanced Masters | Mastère Spécialisé® could include Asset manager, Property manager, Facilities manager, Business Unit director, finance director or manager, development director or manager, sales director or manager, technical director or manager, contractor…
MORE INFORMATION AND HOW TO APPLY
This Advanced Masters | Mastère Spécialisé® in IBD is entirely taught through French.
For more information and to apply, please visit our French website