From the 2nd year onwards, engineering students interested in problems of urban planning, transportation, or the environment can choose a program provided by the City - Environment - Transportation Department (VET).
Several types of program
- Standard VET engineering program, with a focus on planning, transportation or the environment;
- Combined curriculum with a M2 research Masters in the 3rd year: specializing in Transportation and Mobility on the CIMO (CIty and MObility) Masters, specializing in Water Systems and Water Management on the SGE (Environmental Science and Engineering) Masters, Masters in EDDEE (Economics of Sustainable Development, Environment, and Energy) or in OACOS (Ocean, Atmosphere, Climate, and Space Observations) Masters;
- Combined curriculum with a M2 research Masters in the 3rd year abroad: students who joined École des Ponts ParisTech in the 1st year can undertake numerous Masters degrees abroad;
- Dual engineering/urban planning curriculum: after a year studying on the VET engineering program and a long internship in urban planning, students join the 15-month postgraduate AMUR (Advanced Masters in Regional and Urban Planning) program;
- Dual curriculum in engineering and Mastères Spécialisés® in “Rail and Guided Transit Systems”.
Future graduates find various career opportunities offering high positions in the public sector – Government departments, public organizations, regional and local authorities – and in the private sector, in large industrial corporations, consultancy bureaus, or design offices.
A variety of career opportunities
- Infrastructure or transit operators, waste management infrastructures, water infrastructures, logistics departments in industry;
- Engineering consultancy in the environment, transportation: roles in design, innovation, development, project management, technical evaluations;
- Planning and development: district planning, master plans, planning of infrastructure and service schemes;
- Government or local authority regulation: representing government, regulatory management, monitoring, and strategic decision-making;
- Environmental management: responsibility for setting and implementing environmental policy in the private and public sectors and regional and local authorities;
- Urban planning engineer;
- Researcher, research & development engineer